Who is a Giving Champion?
A Giving Champion helps the University of Greenwich raise awareness of our fundraising campaigns, so we reach a much wider audience than we could alone.
Your role is important to the success of any campaign. It's because you are influential and have the power to leverage your network for a cause you care about.
When you become a Giving Champion and share our campaigns with your network – your colleagues, friends, classmates, and family – you help raise vital funds to support students and our Greenwich community.
What does a Giving Champion do?
• Select a live campaign to support.
• Set the figure you want to help raise.
• Ask three people in your network to support the campaign with a gift.
• Get social about the campaign – change your cover and post on your social media.
• Email your people – share messages about the campaign and ask three of your former classmates to forward your email.
• Record a video about why you’re supporting the campaign as a Giving Champion and share with your network.
We provide you with a toolkit with everything you need.
Why become a Giving Champion?
You would form part of a community of change makers by redefining the culture of fundraising among our wider community.
Alumni support the university in many ways: you donate money, mentor students, offer careers advice, provide work placements, and much more. Becoming a Giving Champion is another way alumni make a direct impact on students – helping to raise funds that removes the financial barriers they experience.